Privacy and Cookies Policy
At edupic, we understand how important it is to respect and protect your personal data. We want you to know that we take this responsibility very seriously and regularly review our practices.
Who is responsible for your data?
For clarity, we may be both the Data Controller and Data Processor of your personal data under certain circumstances.
Personal data we collect about you
We collect and store the following pieces of information about individuals who visit and use our products and services website (www.edupic.co.uk).
Gathered personal data types
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- School/MAT name
- School website URL
- Telephone number
- Geographical data about where you are based
- Duration of visit
- Date/time of visit
- Device make/model
When is the data collected?
- When you enquire about a product
- If you complete a form on the edupic website we will only process that data in the intended manner to complete your request unless you opt in to receiving emails from us.
Information we may gather elsewhere
- We may record telephone calls for the purposes of training
- Unless you opt out, we may ask you to complete surveys for research purposes
We do not collect or process sensitive categories of personal data.
Why we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Help us understand which content on our website is popular
- Enable us to review, develop and improve our website
- Provide visitors with a tailored service by displaying relevant content to enhance your website experience
- Make contact with you by telephone or email when you complete contact forms
- Provide customer care by responding to completed contact forms or requests for downloadable resources
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- Review job applications
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request or we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
If you choose to end your account with edupic, or make a request for us to delete your personal data, we will cease to process and delete your personal data a maximum of 5 working days from the agreement termination date, or acknowledgement date of your request.
For further information about cookies please visit: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/
Security and storage of your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
As an individual you are empowered by a number of rights concerning the protection of your personal data to prevent misuse.
Subject access request
You have a right to request access to the personal data we hold about you. If you would like to request a copy of your personal data, please email email@example.com
If you would like to stop receiving marketing from us, you can amend your preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line “Unsubscribe”. All marketing emails will also include a link to update email preferences or unsubscribe.
If the information we hold on you is inaccurate, you can email us at email@example.com to let us know what needs updating and we will correct it.
Right to object, restrict processing and to be forgotten
You have the right to object to us using your personal data or to ask us to delete or remove it if there is no need for us to keep it. You can also ask us to stop processing your personal data in any way. It’s important to note that preventing processing of some activities may delay or prevent us from fulfilling our contractual obligations to you. Please send this request through to firstname.lastname@example.org
If requested, we will provide you with a copy of your personal data in .csv format. This format is common to most systems and will allow you to easily transfer your personal data.
In the unlikely event of a data breach, we will ensure that our obligations are complied with under data protection laws.